Pure Deco

Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Return of the Foundations Paper!



Well hello again! So glad you could come back and see the other layout I made using the same Foundations Paper pack!

I split up the two layouts because I felt that my other post was getting too long- but maybe I'm wrong? Please give me feedback in the comments: too long? too short? too many pictures? not enough pictures? Thanks!! Enjoy this other layout!






So this layout has no pictures yet: That is by design....also, I can't currently locate the pictures that I want to put on this layout.... that totally happens to other people, right?

Anyway: to make this 2 page layout, you need:


  • Two 12 x 4 inch strips of Foundations Paper (different complimentary colors)
  • 2 pages Slate Cardstock
  • 4 inch square of White Daisy cardstock (for the banner  and title)
  • 6 x 12 inch strip of coordinating cardstock (for the chevron design)





Cut the long strips into 2 pieces: I made one 7" x 4" and the other a    4" x 5" so I had a long piece and a smaller rectangle in each color. The coolest part of this layout for me is how by flipping over the paper, you either get a very subtle raised image or a bold white design- so it looks like I've used more than 2 different patterned papers!

Then I just staggered the pieces so that they move up in a diagonal across both pages! So simple!

To liven up this super easy layout, I used my ArtBooking Cricut cartridge again (I love that thing- I'm telling you, once you get it, you will find yourself reaching it for everything!)- that's where the cool Chevron overlay came from- plus the title!


I used pop-dots under the "Smiles" title so that it will really pop! I love how the chevron just gives this page such an interesting embellishment! Plus, I used a couple of the cut out zigzags for the other page to coordinate!


The last thing I did was to make this precious banner: the shape was compliments of the Art Philosophy cartridge (using a different cartridge?!?! Shocking!) and the different banner patterns were from an awesome stamp set from Close to My Heart: Bodacious Banners~


I used coordinating colors to pull it all together and Bam! Page Done! .....except for those pictures....I am seriously not sure where I put them since I used them for the placement of my backgrounds....but I'll find them eventually!





No comments:

Post a Comment