Pure Deco

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Happy Times Paper!

Hello! I'm so excited about this special paper that Close to my Heart has out for the month of May: called Happy Times! This paper is amazing: I have made 4 layouts using the paper and every one is totally different!! Today, I'll be showcasing 2 of them!

The first is bright and cheery just screaming summer beach fun! (I guess if it's screaming it would be SUMMER BEACH FUN!!!!!!!) Do you agree?


Look at the gorgeous colors: one of the sheets of paper does fade from orange to hot pink- looks like a perfect beach sunset! The gold foil sheets also are completely gorgeous- I love how they look! I used my ArtBooking Cricut cartridge to make the title and the lattice embellishment. I used the Thinlets for the flowers and leaves- it really looks perfect :)


Funny story: originally, I was planning to make all the flowers' outlines with gold embossing powder- but when I went to grab some......apparently out of the 43 different colors of embossing powder, I've never purchased gold......I have 6 shades of copper, 10 types of silver.....every other color of the rainbow.... but no gold. So, I used the copper that looked the best on my colors and went with it :) I think it still looks pretty, right?


This flower I wanted to have a hibiscus look- so I stamped it in black and used gold glitter spray- sorry about the not so great photo- the gold kept catching the light and blurring out the flower! :)

The other layout I made with this paper is completely different- on this side of the double sided paper, it is perfectly suited for bright happy beach days- but the flip side of the paper....well, see for yourself!

This layout is all muted blues and greens with bright yellow- and check out the wood-grain paper!! This entire layout is just Happy Times paper and White Daisy cardstock- crazy right? I was excited to get to use my dinosaur stamps and I used the watercolors and Picture my Life cards to make that awesome accent next to my journaling card! 

Here's a close up of the watercolor card- I also added a bunch of ribbons to really dress it up! 

Isn't that dinosaur adorable? I colored him using my alcohol markers- I need to practice shading more- but I like the effect it gives. Plus, this shot you can see the teal outlines of the flowers on that white paper! 

Needless to say, I'm officially obsessed! I have started another layout with that paper using the flamingos- plus I have plans to make 2 more!! Stay tuned for more Happy Times paper and don't forget to pick up your own pack before they go away!!



No comments:

Post a Comment