Pure Deco

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Foundations Scrapbooking: Part 1

Close to My Heart Foundations Paper: Adventure Pack

One of my favorite things that Close to my Heart sells is their Foundations paper: It comes in the same colors as their cardstock- but they are double-sided pages with little designs on each side!

This is the Adventure pack but I really want them all: they work great with all kinds of papers and also make fun layout all on their own!

I'm showcasing two different projects using this paper pack- one is a 2-page layout I did to show off all those Instagram photos I've taken of Sammy and the other will turn into a layout for the Renaissance Fair.




Here is the first one: This is a 2-page layout using only 4 x 4 photos (all Instragram that I printed using Shutterfly's awesome option to print 4 x 4 Instagram pictures!)


I managed to get a TON of pictures on this layout- plus I used plain White Daisy cardstock in the background! (If you know me even a little bit you know that I don't do white backgrounds unless I absolutely have no other option...but I really love the way it pops out the white designs on this paper!)

To make this layout, you need:


  • 2 pieces of White Daisy cardstock
  • 6 squares of foundations paper: 3-in x 3-in (2 each of 3 different colors)
  • one strip 2-in by 11-in (coordinating color)
  • Coordinating cardstock for title
  • 3 squares of White Daisy cardstock: 3-in x 3-in
  • Stamps for embellishments

Because I had these pictures in four inch squares, I was able to get 8 pictures on this layout: feel free to move the blocks and photos around to accommodate 4 x 6 photos. :)

The journaling blocks I made by cutting the shape on my Cricut and stamping the edge (using November's Stamp of the Month: Animal Balloons!)


Here's a close-up of my journaling hexagons- plus you can see the subtle patterns on the blue and red squares!

Here is the left page: On this page, I decorated 2 different white cardstock squares using different stamps: I used a lined stamp to make my lines on this page....I really ought to add some journaling words soon!

The bottom left square was made by me stamping the same small star pattern over and over until it was saturated to my liking.

I also used a animal balloon as an embellishment: remember, your embellishments don't have to EXACTLY match your page- I love the whimsy it adds to this page of my (mostly) sleeping puppy.

The title I cut out of my Cricut using the Close to My Heart ArtBooking cartridge: I think I'm obsessed!

Here is a close-up of the adorable dog balloon I made!! 

Ok so this page took me longer to write up than I anticipated: Check out part 2 for the other (totally different) layout!





No comments:

Post a Comment