Pure Deco

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dark and White Space

I usually scrapbook in waves...leaving "white" space on a page or trying to fill every single crevice of the page with some kind- but this time I seemed to be jumping from one extreme to another! And of course, both of these pages were inspired by some one else's sketch: but I still tried to make it my own :)

This page is definitely a case of a lot going on: first I'm obsessed with Graphic 45 paper so even though I had no circus pictures, I had to have the paper....so the flaming lips concert seemed a great way to use it! The left side page is actually 2 different papers: the border I cut very carefully around the clown and put the black dot paper under it. The rest of that paper is on the right side page (the busy elephants)


 

This is the "white" space page: even though I tried to leave a lot of negative space on my page, I still had to dress it up :) I love all the yellow and purple and the random light blue...but I DID keep myself from filling in all the empty space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment