Pure Deco

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What to do with white paper


Well, when it comes to my creativity, sometimes the one thing that can kill my creative mood is a sheet of blank, white paper. You know, the way it stares at you so starkly and taunts you: haha, you can't cover me! And then, there are times that a blank sheet of white paper is the perfect way to start a page! Especially when I happen to have a really cool skeleton stamp and amazing paper that would be just a bit too much on its own...

These pages I did this past week (I'm still catching up on years past...the plight of every scrapper): I LOVE the way my makeshift border of anatomical skeletons look on this white piece of paper (thank you Tim Holtz..) Also, the white paper anchors the colored patterns much better than black paper, which is usually my go-to color for Halloween layouts! 


Chris went as the Devil's Advocate and I went as the Corpse Bride..hence the clever title meant to capture both our costumes.
Since we were going to a costume party, I wanted it to have a fun sort of feel: so I brought out the dancing skeleton ribbon :)

More of a close-up of the fun elements- it's hard to see the serious glitter on the orange enchantment card, but trust me, it's glitzy. (Especially the spider web: normally I am opposed to spiders but for Halloween layouts, spiders and I are friends)


No comments:

Post a Comment