Pure Deco

Monday, July 23, 2012

Dogs and Hexagons

I love going elsewhere to crop: I may have a great room that houses all my creative paraphernalia, but there's just something very inspiring about leaving my house and cropping! Of course, planning to go on these crop outings take almost as much time as the crop itself: packing the paper, storing and organizing the embellishments, picking and printing the pictures...sometimes I think of converting to digital just to minimize the amount of stuff that I have to transport! But then I start cutting and pasting and playing and I just can't imagine how digital scrapbooking could be as right-brained fulfilling :)

Another thing I love doing is taking challenges: I find it very stimulating to try other people's sketches- especially when they are proposed in a challenge. It reminds me of when you were a kid and you would do things not normal to your personality when taunted with the words: "I dare you!" So, it's like a cropping dare!

So this is a page I did over the weekend in response to a friend's sketch challenge: hexagons :) Joy Anderson  (who is in fact, a cool person) posted this challenge on her blog: http://imjoy-iscrap-imhappy.blogspot.com/ and so I had to give it a try :) 

I loved the way this turned out: I am usually opposed to so much white space on a page...it could have been more bare, but I couldn't do it. I also increased the size of the hexagons (which by the way are a pain to free-hand) to showcase the pictures better. Joy's sketch was for digital scrapping, but I love the way this turned out in my book! Plus, by getting me out of my comfort zone, I made a really visually interesting page that I definitely wouldn't have done otherwise! 

What inspires you to get creative?






1 comment:

  1. Hi, Melanie! Thanks for leaving me your address :-) Your airport story was hilarious! Thanks for joining in the challenge. I enjoy seeing your pages.

    ReplyDelete