Pure Deco

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Bring on the Cards Part 2!

So yesterday, we made an awesome black and white card from our scraps: today, I made another card- this one I decided to make a simple "just because" sort of card. Let's get started!


Materials needed for the "Hello" card:

  • Off-white card
  • 3 1/2 x 5 scrap of double sided patterned paper (I used the rose page from Lovin En La Vie)
  • 2 x 5 1/2 strip of Hollyhock cardstock
  • scrap of White Daisy paper (for stamping)
  • Black ink
  • Word Bubble Stamps (I used the word bubble stamps from Close to my Heart's Artiste Cricut bundle)
  • 3D tape
  • Your favorite adhesive (I used Close to my Heart's Large Glue Pen)

To start. I glued the Hollyhock strip along the long side of the card, about 1/2 inch from the edge.
















Then I cut my patterned paper

scrap into 2 pieces: one is 1 1/2

x 5, the other is 2 1/2 x 5:
















I glued the smaller piece (with the black showing) onto the edge of the card on top of the Hollyhock strip:
Look! My fingernail color almost matches my card!

Then position the other patterned paper on the right upper corner of the card, allowing it to overlap the Hollyhock and black strips. I also left a quarter inch border around the top of my paper.

Then I stamped my "hello" on the White Daisy cardstock and cut out around it (I could have cut a perfect speech bubble from the Cricut- it is an option- but I had unplugged and moved my Cricut and haven't set it up again....it seemed like more work to unpack it and set it up for one tiny speech bubble)
There- not a perfect cut out job- but it works!
I then put some 3D dots on the back of my hello bubble: (I love the extra dimension!) And- TaDa! A lovely card just to brighten someone's day!



I'll be showing you some great projects using Charlotte paper plus I will post my instructions for the Foundations class after Saturday! Comment and let me know how my instructions are! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment