Pure Deco

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Goals

Well, it's that time again: time to start a new year and start fresh! I really don't make "resolutions"- they tend to be lost within the first month- sometimes even the first week- and then I just feel guilty about not following through. So, instead, I've made some goals: mostly for self-enrichment (not the typical diet/exercise ones: those never have worked for me, but ones with life-enriching tones) and of course, creativity! 

My first creative goal is to participate in at least one challenge a month and in one ATC swap every other month. So far, I'm doing well: as of today, I've completed not one, but 3 challenges :) (of course that was last month so I still get to do one for January, but that's only because I find them fun).


The first challenge was a sketch challenge compliments of Joy Anderson at Soul Scrappers: Here is my page: 

This page I made to commemorate the cool dragon ornaments I put on the tree in honor of the year of the dragon- I had fun with this page- especially cutting out the ornament toppers by hand and adding lots of Stickles glitter. 

The next challenge was to use a quote in a Christmas layout that describes a fun aspect of Christmas- and I couldn't resist giving our "mooning" angel its own page. :) The quote was, "at Christmas, play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year." - Thomas Tussler. I thought it matched perfectly with my theme and decided to run with it! I had a lot of fun making this page- I even continued my love of glitter on this page!



The final challenge I completed was a sketch as well- with a challenge to scrap about a particular holiday event. This challenge was also issued by Soul Scrappers- and this one I had fun with too! I decided even though the sketch was for a single page layout, I needed a double page to fit my event- so I did the sketch on both pages- but made them a mirror image of each other. I did spell Solstice incorrectly: but I fixed it after the pictures were taken :)



I think that I am starting out this year creatively charged and ready to try new techniques! I can't wait to get going- what kind of creative challenges are you taking on this year? Are you going to try to learn new things? Try a new approach? Or just resolve to get more pages in your scrapbook album? I'd love to know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment