Pure Deco

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Childhood Challenge Album

Over at Soul Scrappers, I've decided to keep up with a year-long challenge about scrapping childhood memories. This kind of book is more of what I want my scrapbooks to be about: less about just the big events like birthdays and Easter, but about personal memories that matter. This book would be impossible for my parents to complete for me because they are MY memories- so while I like to have them commemorate the big events and name the people that I am too young to remember, I like to pull out the things that I found to be most memorable.

One note about this book- since I was a young child of the 80s, I decided to forgo the muted, distressed colors of most people's childhood books and go for more appropriate colors for that bright decade: hot pink, lime green, and electric blue (peppered with black of course). I hope that when my future children some day get to leaf through my childhood, they will catch a small glimpse of what it was like for me as a kid.




No comments:

Post a Comment